Tuesday, January 20, 2009

First Snow!



We awoke this morning to our first snow in SC! Last year was the first year of our lives that we (Adam and I) did not see one single snow flake; I was quite disappointed. We were excited for Josiah to see his first glimpse of the small amount of whiteness that had accumulated during the night. He, however, did not share our enthusiasm. He has been running a fever (due to teething) the past few days, and as you can tell in the pictures, has not been his usual cheerful self.



He wouldn't touch that strange white stuff!
I had to post this picture just to show our friends and family in MO and AK how much snow it takes to cancel school and close the church offices in South Carolina!

I think this is what is called a "dusting" of snow!



Josiah not impressed by his dad's attempts to cheer him up.

This is the chair Josiah got for Christmas. Though he looks tired and lethargic in this picture, he loves having his OWN place to sit!

This picture was taken a couple of weeks ago. Josiah has always enjoyed being my "vacuum buddy," and he now has his own vacuum which he uses to get all the spots I miss!

2 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

Maybe the next snow (and one of a little more substance) will find Josiah ready to make snow angels and snowmen . . . in the meantime, you two enjoyed seeing the flakes fall, didn't you?!
Hugs~

Hillary Minden said...

I can barely see any snow at all in that picture! And events were cancelled? Holy cow, Con. That cracks me up. Although, I'm currently writing from a pathetically snowless MO. With love.