Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Last 3 Weeks

So, it's been a while since we have updated the blog and for good reasons. My computer died on me a few weeks ago, and it took a couple weeks to determine that it was time to buy a new one and actually make the purchase. Now, we are back in business!
In other news, most of you know that last week at my doctor's appt. we found out that I was 2 cm dialated and that baby girl had dropped, though she is still breech. I was just 34 weeks, so the doctor gave me a steroid shot to help her lungs develop more quickly in case she decided to come early and put me on medicine to slow the contractions. I was told I could not exercise and needed to take it easy.
We have had so many people praying (thank you so much), and though this week has been tough, I have felt better the past few days. At my appt. today, we had another ultrasound. Baby Girl is still breech, but I have not dialated any further. At this point, we are praying she gives us another week and that she will turn head down. If we make it to 37 weeks and she is still breech, we will schedule a C-section. This really scares me, but I definitely want to do whatever we need to do to get her here safe and healthy. Thank you so much for all the prayers and words of encouragement; we appreciate you all so much!
Here are a few glimpses into life at the Brown house over the past few weeks.

Adam borrowed a chimney sweep from a neighbor to clean out our chimney. Now I'm just hoping for one more cold snap so we can use our fireplace!

We introduced Josiah to bubble baths, and I don't think he will ever go back! He wasn't so sure about the fluffy white stuff at first, but now he runs to the bathtub asking for bubbles!


This was from the Super Bowl. We had more fun with the 3-D glasses than anything else.

Since the doctor grounded us from our planned trip to Raleigh last weekend, Gammie came to visit us! Gammie, thank you so much for all of your help and for loving on Josiah. He had a blast!

Josiah woke up early, excited to spend time with his Gammie!

She brought some fun Valentine's Day presents!

The cooler filled with ice was the biggest hit!

Gammie is good at reading books.

2 comments:

Shannon Bradley said...

I keep checking your blog to see baby news :) Girl, you better be doing the "turn your baby around" exercises/ positions...!!! We will be praying that your sweet baby girl turns around, and if not we trust in God's control and plan!! :)

Pops and Gammie said...

Time with grandchildren is always a treat ~ I loved being Josiah's buddy this weekend! We continue to pray for God's perfect timing for the baby's birth and that she'll do a little jig and position herself into a headstand. Love all of you~
Gammie