Tuesday, September 8, 2009

6 Months and Ikea

Everyone always says to enjoy your children because they grow quickly, and I can attest that that is true! My sweet Bella is 6 months old! What?! She is growing and learning new things almost everyday. On Saturday, she started "singing." She has been quite the squealer for several weeks now, but she now will occasionally let out this sweet, soft, high-pitched note and hold it for a while. It's precious. She is rolling all over the place and can sit alone for a few seconds, supporting herself with her hands.




6 Month BDay.
(Later this day, I laid her down for a nap, and 15 minutes later I could hear her squealing and having way too much fun to be taking a nap. When I went in to check on her, she had taken these pants off and was flinging them around, happy as a lark. :)

First bath together.

Thursday night Bella woke up about 30 minutes after going to bed for the night, which is unusual for her. When I went in to see what was up, I realized she had spit up, and it was everywhere! I thought she would be upset, but as soon as I picked her up, she was so sweet and happy. So, here's my sweet girl with throw up and a smile!

This is the face I usually get when I try to feed Bella anything other than bananas. Once she decides she doesn't like it, she clamps down and there is no getting the food in her mouth. I don't know if I'm ready for a picky eater!

The weather has been a bit cooler lately, so we've been able to spend more time outside. One of Josiah's favorite things to do in our backyard is catch frogs. You can't tell, but he's holding one in this picture. We are working on not holding them too tightly. (I've had 2 frog burials this week.) :(

Yesterday, we decided to take advantage of a holiday and head up to IKEA in Charlotte with a friend from church. For those of you who have been there, you know what I mean when I say I could spend a whole day there, (and I don't normally enjoy shopping)! Josiah had some money saved from his birthday, so he was able to get a couple of fun things.

For the past several weeks, I have been making tents at Josiah's request at least a couple times a day. Here he is with his new play tent from IKEA.

A great easel and stool!

Bella found the fruit snacks tonight.

Josiah is making great use of his new stool. He "washed" the dishes for about 10 minutes tonight!

6 comments:

Hillary Minden said...

Fantastic b-day pics, Josiah! What fun awaits. Wish I could play in the tent, too. :)

the broomes said...

Oh how I love me some IKEA!!!:) Fred just looked over at the computer and said, "wow, Bella sure looks like Connie!" I would have to agree; she's so pretty- just like her mama!

Nana said...

Ok, so your dad & I laughed out loud at some of the photos and the frog burials! Too cute! Bella has changed since we saw her 2 weeks ago, rolling all over! We think she'll have to have bananas with everything from now on. Hugs for all, we love you!

Pops and Gammie said...

Sweet, sweet Bella and Josiah! I, too, love the frog burial story . . . there never is a dull day in your life, is there?! We look forward to some time with the family next week . . . hoping to hear some of Bella's sweet singing for myself. See you soon.
Hugs~

Anonymous said...

Great pictures but I'm so glad to know I'll get to see and Josiah this week end. Don't know how they get cuter but they do each time.

our love and waiting to see you. nana jane

Shannon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.