Tuesday, January 22, 2008

New House News

I know that you all appreciate when Connie posts new information on the blog, but she sometimes has a hard time making her way on line. And since there is really no way of knowing exactly when that next time will be I have decided to update you all on a few things. The reason I have decided to do that is because God is teaching me patience but I still need work, so when good things happen I still feel an urge to give everybody an update.
First, Connie mentioned earlier that we have received an offer on our house. Last week we had inspections on our house and it doesn't seem that there will be anything wrong with the house that will hold us back from moving forward. Sometimes my imagination gets going and I just picture all sorts of things that could all of a sudden go wrong with the house, but continues to deal gently with Connie and I and there wasn't anything major at all.
Because of that great news Connie and I have begun looking for a house again. We anticipate closing on our North Carolina house Monday, February 25th, so we would love to get a house here by the end of that week. So this past weekend we went house shopping and stumbled across a cool little house in Lexington (across the Lake Murray Dam from the church). It's the first house in four months that Connie and I both are excited about. It has three bedrooms and two bathrooms, a screened porch, shed with electricity, and an upstairs that is unfinished that is about 900 square feet. The house is in our price range but toward the top of it.
So this morning I met with our realtor and made an offer on the house. Our offer is several thousand dollars below the asking price. So please pray that the sellers will accept it and we can move forward in the process.
Connie has taken pictures of the house so if offer is accepted then we will have to make sure Connie can get around the internet and we will be sure to post pictures. But in the mean time, pray that God will allow everything to close smoothly on the old house and that the ball will get rolling here for us to close at the end of February.
Oh and one more good note. I found out today that the interest rates have gone down today, so our monthly payments should be much better than they would have been if we bought when we first moved here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

God is so good. Glad to hear things are moving along. Keep us posted on all that goes on beause we care. Give our love to all. Nana Jane

the broomes said...

Great news, guys! Praise God! We will continue to pray the Lord's favor upon this process (even when it's not exactly how we would have planned it:)) I can't wait to see pictures!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.