Wednesday, May 20, 2009

2 Years (almost) and 2 Months

Life with an almost 2 year-old boy is so fun these days. Josiah is growing up so quickly. He is CONSTANTLY talking! Most of the time I know what he is saying, but sometimes when he starts a new subject, and I don't know the context, it takes me a minute to figure out what he is saying. When this happens, he gets this really funny, frustrated look on his face - like, "Why can't you figure out what I'm saying? I'll just keep repeating it until you get it, Mama."

Yesterday, a robin started building a nest in the tree right outside our kitchen window. Josiah and I were watching the mama bird bring grass, twigs, and fur to make a place for her sweet babies. Everytime she flew off to gather more supplies, Josiah would say, "Tweet, tweet. Is it? I don't know!" And everytime she came back, he would excitedly exclaim, "There it is! She's back!"
Some of you know that I have been gathering information about potty training, thinking that I might try to start sometime this summer. I'm not sure if he's ready, but mostly I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit to the task of cleaning up acccidents and taking him to the potty all the time!! :) All that said, last night Adam was giving Josiah a bath while I was feeding Bella. After bath, Josiah started trying to climb up on the potty, so Adam helped him up. My little man went on the potty (with Adam helping him not fall in :) ) without me ever asking or prompting!! I'm so proud of him, and he is very proud of himself. So, I guess we are starting the potty training process!

Josiah's counting the lions at the zoo.
After church Sunday, we let little man play the drums in the youth room. He LOVED it! And, I must say, though he wasn't keeping a consistent beat or anything, he was pretty good. He played all of the different drums and used both hands....hmmm...we may have a musician on our hands. Now everything can be turned into a drum - empty trashcan, bucket, high chair tray...life is good.
Life with a 2 month old is great as well!! Bella is so sweet. She is getting more active, cooing and smiling more and more. And, she is the best snuggler for naps! She still wakes up to eat 2-3 times a night (usually just 2), and likes to sleep with me from about 5:30ish until I get up. Unlike Josiah, who never seemed to be affected by a dirty diaper, she lets us know when she is ready to be changed! I guess that's a girl for ya! Her cries are becoming more distinct, and I can definitely tell when she's just not happy about the situation she's in! She lets you know how she feels!
Her eyes are still blue, and she's getting some hair on her sweet, round head. (We are holding out for curls :) )

1 comment:

Pops and Gammie said...

SWEET! I love the robin story. How cool is it that you guys can watch the momma bird right by the window? I can't wait until the baby birds are born. Josiah will love it!

Yay for the potty start . . .

And I feel almost sure that some of what Bella is cooing about is how much her grandparents love her~

Thanks for the stories and the pics. Love to all of you~