Friday, October 2, 2009

Yeah for October!

The kids and I have been fighting a bit of a cold virus this past week, so we've been staying close to home; thankfully, the weather has finally been cool enough for us to spend more time outside. Last weekend we found a toy chest for Josiah at a garage sale, and I have been slowly sanding it down so we can either paint or re-stain it. Bella has been joining me on the screened-in porch while Josiah has been free to roam the backyard, pass sticks through the fence to our neighbor's dog, try to coax the neighbor's cat into our backyard so he could pull it's tail, and pick wild strawberries (we don't eat them)...you know boy things. :)
Bella will be 7 months old tomorrow! She is growing and changing everyday. She enjoys sitting up and playing with toys, though I usually surround her with a soft blanket/pillows as she still takes a dive now and then. She has been a bit emotional lately; I'm not sure if it's because she hasn't felt well or what but she can go from super sweet smiles and squeals to an angry cry in an instant. Sometimes it's almost funny.
Bella absolutely adores her brother! She lights up whenever he walks in the room and she loves watching him run around. It's so sweet. I've been able to get her to chuckle a few times, but Josiah can make her belly laugh. It's one of my new favorite things. :)

Happy to be outside getting some fresh, cool air.

Toy chest in progress

Josiah's favorite thing in the whole world right now is to catch frogs. Our vast frog population has died down with the cooler temps, but it is his main mission whenever we go outside. The other day he was so exuberant when he finally found one. He just likes to hold them. It was almost time to go in when I heard him start sobbing. I ran over expecting to see blood gushing from some part of his body to find him crouching near a bush with outstretched arms, big tears rolling down his face, and a pouty lip, saying, "Where is he? Where's froggy? I can't find him!" It's devastating when your froggy hops away. :)

rollin' around
Josiah helped Adam wash his truck a couple weeks ago and TOTALLY loved it!

sweet, soaked little boy

Last week, Josiah fell off a chair while holding a book which left a couple scrapes on his face. He only cried for a few seconds and that was mainly because I kept trying to wipe up the blood. He forgot about his "owies" until the next night when he saw his face in the mirror. He was being silly, so I took a couple pics.

2 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

Ahhh . . . you've made a great start to my Saturday, tickles for my heart . . . hearing stories and seeing pictures of my chickadees! Looks like you guys made a "good find" in Josiah's toy chest. Much love to all of you, and thanks for sharing ~

Anonymous said...

At work today but seeing your blog makes it worth while.
Kids so cute and sweet. Thanks for sharing. Give them a hug for me. love all, nana jane