Saturday, February 27, 2010

Run Baby Run

So, today I accomplished something I've been wanting to do for a while now...I completed my first half marathon!! My friend Renee and I have been training for a couple of months; it has taken some time and dedication, especially with two little ones who have been fighting several colds/ear infections...but, Adam has been a huge help, hanging out with the kids on Sat mornings so I could go for my long runs. Thank you so much, husband; I could not have done this without you!
Don't we look like we are ready?!
It was a very chilly ( hence the pre-run sweat pants!) but beautiful day.


We are in there somewhere. :)

Finished in 1 hour 57 min. Our goal was to be under 2 hours! Thank you, Lord!


My Bella is all about sticking out her tongue; here she is teaching her Daddy proper sticking-out technique!

Bella has really started enjoying Josiah's chair. She loves climbing into it with a book or just to feel like a big girl!

I can see an escape plan forming in that little mind. :)



Sweet girl.

Unsolicited fish face. :)


I'm a big girl!

And since I don't have as many pics of Josiah this time, here is a quick clip from a typical bath time at our house!


3 comments:

Pops and Gammie said...

We're impressed (and not a bit surprised) with your half marathon accomplishment! Congratulations! Looking forward to seeing all of you this coming week.
Hugs to all~

Nana said...

WOO HOO!! Congrats on your "wee" run! Know you worked hard to get 'er done with 2 little ones! We're excited to see you all and to celebrate Bella's 1st birthday!
love you, Mom, for Dad, also

thomashardwicke said...

Cons, congrats on the 1/2! You beat my time by a few minutes. Way to go sis! I know it's got to be a huge sense of accomplishment.

Also, thank you for that vid. I must commend Adam on his in-camera censorship skills!

I'm sure one day, Josiah is going to just LOVE you for this video.

Miss you guys. I was just saying how I hope there was a new blog today!