Sunday, February 14, 2010

Thank You Jesus for Snow

Most of you know and have experienced how beautiful snow can be. This is our third winter in SC, and up until this past weekend, I have seen a total of a handful of flurries once! Adam and I both grew up with many fun, snowy memories (esp. Adam), so we were absolutely delighted when we got a record breaking 8 1/2 inches of snow Friday night!! It was so beautiful to watch these huge, fluffy flakes fall from the sky and turn our bare, dead neighborhood into a winter wonderland.
Josiah was ecstatic! This is his first real snow, (other than the few flurries last year). We had so much fun making snow angels, snow balls, snow man, rolling around, and just enjoying this precious gift!


Josiah didn't totally get the whole "throw the snowball at somebody" game...instead he liked to grab a handful and smash it on us! It worked just as well. :)




cheese


poof!

Bella enjoyed being outside watching her brother. However, since we do live in SC and snow is so rare, we don't have snow "gear" for the kids. She touched it a few times and wasn't so sure about all that cold white stuff. She has also been battling a double ear infection and pink eye, so I didn't keep her outside very long.


Josiah liked the snow man's carrot nose.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

love it , love it and the whole gang!!! nana jane

Pops and Gammie said...

Awesome! . . . so glad that you got to enjoy the snowfall!

hashbrowns said...

those snow pics are amazing to me- I can't fathom a winter wonderland in SC! What a treat for Josiah especially... I am heartbroken for little sis though- double ear infection AND pink eye! I wish I could squeeze her...

Sarah

thomashardwicke said...

Dear Connie,
It's 80 degrees out tonight and watermelons are coming into season here in India. Enjoy your snow while you can! I LOVE the pictures of the kids. I'm neph and niecelet deprived!

the broomes said...

Wow, Con!!! That's crazy! Y'all did get a good bit of snow! We only got about an inch-- but enough to play in/throw snowballs. Our kids were really excited too:) Great pictures of those precious, precious babies!

Anonymous said...

Great pics. Love them! We share in your excitement of the snow... we got 12 inches in Texas! It's more fun when it's rare, I guess! :) And we didn't have snow gear either! so funny.

K K said...

i thought about you when I heard SC got snow...we had just talked about how you were wishing you got some of this southern snow this year! so glad you got some- and a lot of it! :-) -kris

Hillary Minden said...

SOOOOOO glad that you got snow!! :) Way cute pics!