Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Macon a Move

Wow. I'm not even sure where to start this blog. So much has been happening lately, which is why I have been a terrible blogger lately! (My apologies to the grandparents and other family/friends who check in for new pics!)

First of all, we are moving!!! Adam was contacted by a church in Macon, GA in April about submitting his resume for the high school pastor position. After praying about it for a couple weeks, we felt that we should submit it, and see if God was up to something. Over the next several months, God continued to open our hearts, and last week, Adam accepted the position at Ingleside Baptist Church. It has been a crazy summer of phone calls, waiting, praying, interviews, more waiting, and more praying, and more waiting; but, we are now seeing how God has been preparing our hearts for this transition.
(Oh, and did I mention, that this is the same church where my dear friend, Lindsey and her husband, Fred, serve as the middle school pastor?! I'm so excited about living in the same town as the Broomes!)
The past couple of weeks have been exciting and really hard altogether. We are so excited about beginning a new ministry and about seeing what God has in store for us in Macon, but at the same time, we are so sad to leave our ministry and dear friends here. There have been many tears shed this past week as we let our leaders and students know. When you love deeply, you hurt deeply.
All of that to say, our lives have been a bit hectic lately, as we have been putting our house on the market, looking for housing down there, and all the other little details that are involved in relocating! This is a terrible time to try and sell a house, but we are trusting God to work this out for us. We actually showed the house to the same person twice last week, and they want to buy our house; however, there is a question about if they can be pre-qualified for a loan, so PLEASE join us in praying that this would happen!

In no particular order or reason, here are some pics from our July. Hope you enjoy!


I'm a little afraid that my 1 year-old instinctively knows what to do with a ring!

waving to the penguins at the zoo

oohh! new sharks in the aquarium

bubbles, bubbles, we love bubbles!

little helper

I left them alone for 5 minutes!

Bella enjoying the pool.

This picture would be so sweet if Adam did not have a mustache...or maybe that's what makes it such a sweet picture...I'm not sure. :)

silly girl

The Hardwicke clan

my girly girl loves to play outside and in the dirt


Uncle Tom

Sparklers in the not quite dark.


4th of July dinner with our great friends, Errik and Renee

Anything you can do, I can do better! (We are definitely in that stage, and probably will be for the next 10 years!)

So, this is not a bad picture in that I happened to catch Bella in the middle of a blink. My daughter has developed a new talent. I call it sleep-eating. It's actually pretty impressive. In the pic above, she finished the last 10 minutes of lunch with her eyes closed and nodding off in between bites.


This episode of sleep eating occurred this past Sunday on the way home from church. She literally ate her entire snack bag of animal crackers with her eyes totally closed. It was awesome!
get it!

cram it in.

it's exhausting being this cute. :)


And this is just a little snippet of our tiny dancer. This girl moves every time she hears music, and I love it!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Finally got the video to work! Good job, Bella! We love to see you dancin'! And we so laughed at Bella's eat/sleeping! Hugs and kisses to you, Josiah, and Bella. We love you & miss you,
Nana & PaPa

Pops and Gammie said...

Have looked at the pics and movie several times, and as always enjoy seeing the kiddos . . . but, I must say . . . I was amused at your post title. "Macon a move!" How cute!

We're continuing to pray for the sale of your house and for the "nuts & bolts" of your moving process.

Love you guys~

Amber said...

YAY! THIS IS GREAT NEWS! Connie, I am so excited for yall to get to serve with the Broomes, what a blessing!

Miss you friend! The kiddos are just beautiful!