We have now been in GA for almost 3 weeks. Everyone here has been so kind and welcoming, and we have so enjoyed meeting new friends. We got plugged into a small group at church right away, thanks to Fred and Lindsey, and it has been such a blessing! There are 7 couples, all about our age, with 19 children 5 and under!!! It's beautiful chaos when we are all together! (Thank you, Lord, for child care!)
We have visited the library and the park that just about a mile from our house several times. Josiah and Bella have enjoyed several play dates, and I have enjoyed being with some really great moms!
Here are a few pics of the kiddos!
Bella now refuses to swing in the baby swing, as she is such a big girl! ha!
Josiah was loving the fact that he could slide down the pole all by himself.

making masterpieces

bubbles make everything better

but they don't taste great :)

This is her, "Oh, did you see what I just did and aren't you proud of me?" face.
they get along most of the time!
(Josiah looks so big to me in this picture!)

The second night in Macon, we were staying at the Broomes, and Lindsey and I put the littlest ones to bed and then went to our house to do some unpacking. When we came home later that night, we found Josiah here. Apparently he had gotten out of bed several times, and finally just gave it up on the stairs! Poor kid, at least he didn't fall down them! :)

silly boy

The other day, Adam was going to go on a quick run before work. Josiah saw him getting ready and starting begging Adam to let him go with him. Adam tried to tell him he would run with him another time because he was going to run fast, but Josiah started running up and down the driveway saying, "Look Daddy, I'm fast. Do you see me? I'm fast!" How could Adam resist that? So, Josiah said, "Wait right there Daddy," put on his shoes, and he was ready to go! They ran around the block, and Bella and I met them at the end of our street. Adam said he wishes he had had something to record Josiah because he ran and talked the entire time! He said it was so funny to hear his high-pitched, out of breath voice asking questions about why they were running, commenting on the scenery, and making sure they watched out for cars! Oh, Josiah, you bring us so much joy. :)
Here's a little video of sweet Bella blowing bubbles; it's one of her new favorite things.
Just burning a little energy!
1 comment:
I thought getting up early on this cool brisk morning to take a walk would be the perfect start to my day off of work . . . while waiting for Pops to get ready for the walk, I checked the families' blogs . . . correction, enjoying this post AND then going for my walk is the perfect start to my day off of work! Thanks for sharing . . . it looks and sounds like you folks are having a wonderful start to this amazing chapter of your lives! I love all of the pictures; but stair sleeping has to be one of my favorites; along with Bella doing my kind of push-ups!
Oodles of love to you all.
Gammie
Post a Comment