Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Texas

So, last week the kids, my Mom (aka Nana), and I made a trip to TX to see my grandparents.  I had not been in TX since I was barely pregnant with Bella, so it was great to see everyone and let most of them meet Bella for the first time.  The kids and I flew into Dallas where we met my mom.  We visited with her family for a couple of days and then made the 10 hour drive to McAllen - Nana drove and I entertained. :)  We had a great time.  I will let the pictures fill in the rest! 


Josiah helping Grandma with a puzzle.

Josiah had a great time with Uncle Jim!

Tree climber.

Bella LOVES smoothies. :)

Josiah and Papa were glad to see each other!

the boys - Josiah loved playing with his older cousins

we love you, Papa!

we kept tradition by getting a few kolaches and an apple turnover at the Czech Stop


yum!


sweet boy

sweet dreams

sometimes you just sleep better with blankie around your head

I love this picture.  They look like an old couple: Josiah reading the paper and Bella with her sunglasses and phone.

Rob and Sally set up a trapeze swing in the family room.  He swung so much his hands were hurting when we left!

even Bella took a few swings :)

Sally was a great playmate!


swinging at Mama Dell and Daddy Bill's

love you, Mama Dell!

I think Bella especially enjoyed playing with Uncle Bruce. :)


A special treat - I got to see my cousin, Charlotte, whom I haven't seen in several years!

SO good to see you, Mama Dell and Daddy Bill!

Oh my head!  We did have a scare Thursday night.  Bella took several hard, head falls.  After the last one, she threw up and was acting drowsy.  I thought we might have to take her to the ER, but after a couple of hours, she started acting more like her old self.  I woke her up every couple of hours during the night to make sure she was still ok.  God protected her, and she has had no further complications.  However, I think I still may buy a helmet for her! :)

3 comments:

michelle.hardwicke@hotmail.com said...

How I love those photos! Special memories (besides driving!)I'm going to try to copy them to my pictures (doc) and if they don't work, maybe I'll have to copy them when we're there after Christmas. Love to all, Mom/Nana

Pops and Gammie said...

Time with family is the most precious of gifts! So glad you all had this time together.

Thanks for sharing~
Oodles of hugs,
Gammie

Anonymous said...

Next time you're coming through, let me know! The boys would have lots of fun together! :)
Hope you're doing well... Enjoy keeping up with you guys through your blog!