Sunday, March 6, 2011

What's it like to be 2?

strutting her stuff in her birthday outfit (thanks Gammie and Pops)



This past Thursday, our sweet Bella turned 2 years old!  Yes, even though my "little bit" is just now growing out of most of her 12 mth clothes and into her 18 mth ones, she is in fact 2!  Here are just some of the things that make you, Isabella Kate, so precious to me.
You are little for your age, but full of spunk!  Those who only see you at church or in passing know you as sweet, quiet little Bella, but I know better!  You can be quiet and super sweet, but you can also be loud and crazy (usually with Josiah) and you can throw a fit with the best of them!
You are generally less outgoing and quieter than your brother.  When we go somewhere where there are a lot of people or new faces, Josiah is quick to make friends, while you are content with me holding you until you warm up.
You are a little mama!  You love to play with your babies, prepare them meals in your kitchen, take them shopping in your shopping cart, and on walks in your stroller.
You are a girly girl!  You love bows, dresses, necklaces, purses, sunglasses, hats, shoes, and any other girly accessory you can get your hands on.  It's so funny for me to watch you because I am not a girly girl, so I know that you did not get that from watching me.  It's just the way God made you!
You give the best kisses and sweetest hugs.  You can melt hearts with your big, ocean eyes.  I am so thankful to be your mama, and I pray everyday that God would draw you to Himself and use your sweet but passionate spirit to do great things for His kingdom.  I love you Bella.  Happy 2 years!


No comments: