Monday, June 2, 2008

Hot Off the Press




Some of you know that we have been in the process of starting a screenprinting business with the help of someone from our church. The wait is over...the business has officially begun with an order of 400 shirts for VBS! We have the equipment set up in the unfinished part of our upstairs. It's great because it doesn't matter if we drip a little ink on the floor, but it's crazy hot because there is very little insulation and no AC up there! So, on a 90 degree day, it's at least 10-15 degrees warmer up there, and on top of that we have to run two dryers/heaters to cure the ink! (They have to be at about 350 degrees!) Hence, the title of this blog - HOT off the press. Let's just say I have rid my body of plenty of toxins this week!


In other news, Josiah is getting his first tooth on the top row - very exciting - though we've been fighting fevers and waking up at night. He is into everything, including climbing the stairs. He didn't seem to really notice them for so long; then, one day this week, he discovered them and climbed all the way to the top! He was so proud of himself!


My parents came to visit this past weekend. They enjoyed seeing Josiah's progress and changes. On Saturday morning we went to the zoo. It was really hot, so we didn't stay long. However, we went inside where it was cool to see some fish, and Josiah loved the aquarium! He didn't stop babbling the whole time we were in there; it was hilarious! Saturday afternoon, a family from the church let us come over to let Josiah swim in their pool. The water was a little chilly, but he had a blast! He would kick his legs like a frog and splash his arms - I think he's a natural in the water.



I have 4 more pics I want to post, but it's not letting me right now; maybe I'll have a chance later today!

4 comments:

Hillary Minden said...

Yikes! I think I would keel over in the raging inferno your shirt-making space, but I did note, with a smile of course, that whatever your VBS theme is, it looks sufficiently sciency and geeky. What a big, and precious boy. I love the smile in the pool. Blessings and love, hil

Josh and Donna said...

he is SO cute! cool new business venture, i'm a big fan of fun t-shirts.

Pops and Gammie said...

I look forward to one day seeing Josiah play in the water. You have more than one "waterdog" in your family!

The t-shirt looks great. Sorry that is so hot for you though.
Hugs to all,
Gammie

Callie Goodwin said...

Hey!
The shirts are looking great!
Keep up the good work...Sorry for the conditions!
have a great week!