This is a picture of my first cab ride! We had to take one from the airport to our hotel; it was an experience!
There was a Columbus Day festival on Saturday; 8th street was filled with all kinds of vendors from fresh fruit smoothies to hand-knit sweaters.
Two of things that I loved about NY: fresh flowers on corner markets and delicious desserts!
This is the fire station literally across the street from Ground Zero; they have built a memorial all down the side of the building - it was pretty difficult to take in.

This is the cross that was made a couple a days after 9/11. It has been moved temporarily while construction is going on, but it will eventually be a part of the memorial.

In Central Park.

Time Square.

Yes, we did get to see Mary Poppins and Mamma Mia on broadway - very cool!






3 comments:
Fun trip! I would've loved the fresh flowers on corner markets as well . . . I was hopin' that you would get a chance to ride in the "Cash Cab!"
Love to all of you~
Oh, Connie...I am so jealous! NYC...maybe one day! I'm glad you had a great trip, and thanks for sharing. Like Kathy, I would also love all the fresh flowers, but I especially would love to see a Broadway musical!
Janice
Connie~ am I jealous? Absolutely! BUT! I am so glad you had such a cool experience. I love the pics and sometime I'd love to hear more about broadway. Take care, sweet sister.
Sarah
Post a Comment