Monday, November 3, 2008

Boys Will Be Boys



Here are a few pictures of Josiah enjoying life as a boy. Some words to describe a typical day in the life of our 16 month old: blanket (Aww, as he affectionately calls it), juice (yoose), snack (nak!), balls, blocks, puzzles, and books, the gym, climbing on everything, picking up things that are bigger than him, nap (yeah!), fishing pole, anything electronic/with buttons, video, bath, bed!


I imagine he's thinking something like, "What are you looking at?"

Such a good helper!

Let's just say, we went straight to the bath after all our hard work!


Hats and bats - what could be better?!

Josiah had so much fun "practicing" being a cowboy on Thursday and Friday, we thought we were all going to have a great time dressing as cowboys/girls Friday night at our church Harvest Party. However, once Josiah caught sight of his dad in a very long and hairy mustache, he became, well, terrified. He clung to me and wanted nothing to do with all these people dressed in crazy outfits. He refused to wear his hat and preferred a stuffed giraffe to his guns. The only time he smiled all night was when Adam took off his mustache and jumped in the moonwalk with him. He and I ended up leaving early, and it took him several hours once we got home to settle in and fall asleep...maybe next year will be better!


The words, "Stick 'em up!" come to mind.


If you can't tell, he is making a gun noise in this picture. How is it that boys automatically know how to do that?
Not so sure.

The only smile I captured all night.

Ready to go home!

3 comments:

Nana said...

Love all those great photos! Josiah, you are the cutest cowboy I've seen in many years! We can't wait to see you all this weekend.
Hugs & kisses from Nana & PaPa

Pops and Gammie said...

I can't decide if I like the "cool in the shades" Josiah pics or the "dig in the dirt" Josiah pics better . . . awww, I love them all! Thanks for posting them!

Can't wait to see the boy in action and get some of my own hugs this weekend ~ and, it will be nice to see both of you too :) And just for the record, I'm going for a "girl" report this go around.

Hugs~

Callie Goodwin said...

So cute!